- Twitter 12May
RT @CiTTimagazine: Oxbotica and NEVS to launch autonomous EVs onto public roads by 2023 ...
- Twitter 11May
RT @JN_Seattle: The latest Insights About Telematics! https://t.co/4APEsmGSG6 Thanks to @envueTelematics @PTOLEMUS #autonomousvehicles ...
- Twitter 10May
"Enhanced telematics data connected to public safety systems can help save lives, relieve crash repair anxiety and make automotive brands ...
- Twitter 10May
RT @CiTTimagazine: UK risks missing window to be global player in EV battery revolution, report says ...
- Twitter 09May
RT @otonomo_: What’s the secret to efficient #infrastructureplanning? From optimizing #intelligenttransportation system routes to ...
Electronic toll collection
In recent years, the electronic tolling landscape has changed markedly in almost every region of the world. Alongside national activity, toll network interoperability continues to advance in India, Colombia, China and Philippines. The European EETS market has also seemingly sprung to life with the registration of 8 EETS providers between December 2015 and November 2018.
All the while, advances in technology and lower prices – especially in RFID – are enabling the growth of ETC to more and more markets at more ambitious scales.
There is now a wide choice of technology and models for governments to choose from. Tolling worldwide is in fact entering a golden era as governments search for funding alternatives in the wake of rapidly declining fuel tax revenues, combined with a growing need to manage urban congestion and improve air quality.
PTOLEMUS has a unique expertise in the field of electronic toll collection (ETC) and road user charging (RUC). For our clients we have:
- For a public road operator, evaluated the feasibility of a shadow tolling scheme
- Defined toll pricing strategy and marketing plan across Europe
- Evaluated the technologies and business potential of the EU electronic tolling market
- Assisted in forging partnerships in EU connected vehicle ecosystem
- Benchmarked the European market for ETC, fuel card and tax refund services
- Defined global data & analytics strategy to predict incidents
- Built company strategy, value proposition and go-to-market plan in fleet mobility services
- Advised a European government on the optimal structuring of the truck tolling scheme
Furthermore, our 2019 Electronic toll collection research study is the most comprehensive report on ETC and RUC.
The 750-page analysis of the global electronic tolling landscape is based on:
- 7 years of constant market surveillance
- 50 interviews with key stakeholders
- 6 months of desk research by a team of 7 consultants
- 20 strategy consulting assignments