Electronic Toll Collection Global Forecast 2020 – 2030
The Global Electronic Tolling market will grow to over 874 million subscriptions by 2030
Since the publication of the 2nd edition of our Electronic Toll Collection Global Forecast in 2018, the electronic tolling landscape has evolved significantly in every region of the world.
From technology changes in the Asia-Pacific, to environmental mandates in Europe and the initiation of Road Usage Charging in North America, our Electronic Toll Collection Global Forecast is updated for 2021 and expanded, with an additional 15 countries added to the already comprehensive scope of geographic coverage.
Alongside national activity, toll network interoperability continues to advance in India, Colombia, China and Philippines. The European EETS market has also evolved with recent legislative amendments coming into force no later than October 2021.
All the while, advances in technology and lower prices – especially in RFID – are enabling the growth of ETC to more and more markets at more ambitious scales.
There is now a wide choice of technology and models for governments to choose from. Tolling worldwide is in fact entering a golden era as governments search for funding alternatives in the wake of rapidly declining fuel tax revenues, combined with a growing need to manage urban congestion and improve air quality.
The Electronic Toll Collection Global Forecast is based on:
- Over 10 years of constant ETC market surveillance;
- In excess of 60 interviews with industry executives, organisations and stakeholders across five continents;
- Over 950 pages of analysis in the full Electronic Toll Collection Global Study
- Over 9,000 hours of research and analysis of the latest events and trends in the global ETC and RUC industry.
This is the most assertive and well-researched forecast on the tolling market in the world and includes details such as:
- Market share by vehicle segment, including:
- Passenger vehicles
- Buses & Coaches
- Geography, including:
- Market share by technology, including:
- Revenue projections
- Subscription volume projections
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the full study or the forecasts, please register your interest by filling in your details in the form below to receive your complimentary copy of the associated report abstract.