Autonomous Vehicle Technology and Suppliers Global Study 2019
The first global study of autonomous vehicle technology suppliers
7 of the world’s highest research and development spenders such as Amazon, Alphabet, Volkswagen and Samsung are involved in AV development.
Bosch, one of the leading autonomous vehicle technology suppliers, had a research budget of €6 billion.
Despite these heavy investments, the industry is still trying to find solutions that can meet both demanding safety and cost targets.
Recent high profile Uber and Tesla crashes have caused many OEMs to rethink their technology strategy and to add more redundant layers including LiDARs, HA GNSS and HD maps.
This leads to a complete level 4 solution costing above $10,000 in 2022. The price of long-range LiDARs for level 4, for instance, will remain upwards of $5,000 in 2022.
We are releasing the autonomous vehicle technology suppliers study as a cross-technology report to help OEMs, tier-1 and tier-2 suppliers define a go-to-market strategy that offers reference standard reliability and can be introduced in real-world vehicles.
What do we cover?
Nearly 500 pages of analysis on autonomous vehicle technology supplier landscape:
- A comprehensive architecture of Autonomous Vehicles including the perception, decision planning, control, chassis, operating system, and security layers
- Appraisal of the 6 most important use cases to be rolled out such as robotaxis, automated valet parking level 4, highway drive level 3 & 4 and shuttles
- In-depth analysis of 4 key technology building blocks:
- Road environment sensing
- Contextual information interpretation
- AI development
- Software & hardware platforms (OS, processing and hardware layers)
- Profiles of 20 key AV suppliers including players such as Velodyne, Valeo, Bosch, Continental, Mobileye
- 13 technologies analysed including LiDARs, radars, cameras, HD maps, HA GNSS (PPP and RTK corrections), processors, and machine learning
- A bottom-up forecast of the global autonomous vehicle technology suppliers market to 2030 covering 6 technologies in Excel format
At over 500 pages the autonomous vehicle technology suppliers study answers key questions including:
- Who will win the suppliers race to autonomy?
- How will the key autonomous driving technologies evolve?
- Will the costs of a few key sensors dictate the overall price of the AV?
- Will AVs first work in urban areas, suburban areas or highways?