Road Environment Sensing Technology Book
The First Autonomous Vehicle Road Environment Sensing Technology Book
Recent high profile Uber and Tesla crashes have caused so many OEMs to rethink their technology strategy and to add more redundant layers including LiDARs, HA GNSS, and HD maps.
This leads to a complete level 4 solution costing above $10,000 in 2022. The price of long-range LiDARs for level 4, for instance, will remain upwards of $5,000 in 2022.
We are releasing the road environment sensing technology book as a cross-technology mini-study that covers cameras, radars, and LiDARs to help OEMs, tier-1 and tier-2 suppliers define a go-to-market strategy that offers reference standard reliability and can be introduced in real-world vehicles.
What do we cover?
More than 100 pages of analysis on the autonomous vehicle road environment sensing technology book supplier landscape:
- A comprehensive architecture of Autonomous Vehicles including the perception, decision planning, control, chassis, operating system, and security layers
- Appraisal of the 3 most important vision sensors including Cameras, RADARS, and LiDARs
- In-depth analysis of each of the Road environment sensing sensors that covers
- Technology overview and cost analysis
- Benefits and hurdles of using each of the vision sensors
- Key players and market landscape
- Progress made by various players through use cases
- Profiles of 6 key AV vision sensors suppliers including players such as Bosch, Continental, Hamamatsu, Ouster, Valeo, and Velodyne LiDAR
- PTOLEMUS analysis about their progress and ranking
- A bottom-up forecast of the global autonomous vehicle technology suppliers market to 2030 covering all the 3 vision sensors technologies in Excel format
At over 100 pages the autonomous vehicle road environment sensing technology book answers key questions including:
- Who will win the suppliers race to autonomy?
- How will the key autonomous driving technologies evolve?
- Will the costs of a few key sensors dictate the overall price of the AV?