What are Connected Fleet Services?
Connected Fleet Services (CFS) delivers a variety of vehicle and driver related data that can be used to optimise fleet operations. The main drivers for fleet telematics services are generally vehicle tracking, fuel consumption control and driving behaviour monitoring.
Typical use cases for connected fleet services include:
- Vehicle tracking (including geo-fencing, proximity search, etc)
- Route planning, scheduling and dispatch
- Driver management (working time, driver ID, mileage logging, expenses management, etc.)
- Eco-driving (driving behaviour monitoring and coaching)
- Environment management (Monitoring of CO2 and/or NOx emissions, as shown in the DAF Telematics dashboard shown before)
- Remote diagnostics (diagnostic trouble codes) and maintenance reminders
- Order management: order entry, dispatch, order status information, electronic proof of delivery (ePOD), etc.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) management
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking and Recovery (SVT/SVR)
- Integration with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Key Words: Connected, Fleet Insurance