Luc Hellinckx leads our Human Resources practice, reinforcing our strong company culture, attracting and developing the best and brightest talents, crafting winning HR strategies as well as selecting efficient systems and technology that support the achievement of PTOLEMUS’ ambitious mission to exceed customers’ expectations.
In addition, he provides expert advice on selected consulting assignments, where the focus is shed on value creation and optimisation, through the most innovative and most effective Human Capital management approach. He is a pragmatic LEAN practitioner, with a focus on people, customers and bottom-line.
Prior to joining PTOLEMUS, Mr. Hellinckx spent 20 years with Mastercard, based mostly in the USA, France and Belgium. In his last 6 years at Mastercard, he designed, implemented and managed the Mastercard Academy. The Academy creates, develops, and delivers payments-industry related training solutions. During Luc’s tenure, the Academy grew from a start-up unit to a global, best-in-class organisation, with hubs in 5 continents and a faculty that counted over 150 subject matter experts, delivering over 500 events annually to hundreds of customers. A major break-through was the development and launch of “Academy-on-the-web”, an innovative, real-time and interactive learning channel leveraged by thousands of participants on a recurring basis, globally.
Mr. Hellinckx brings an extensive experience in leading and managing small and large teams, initiatives and transformation projects, both locally and globally:
- Major mergers and acquisitions (US, France, South Africa): HR due diligence & management of integrations of several acquired international businesses.
- Human Resources Information Systems (Belgium, US): Design and management of the migration of European HRIS and related processes, programs and support processes
- Organisational rightsizing (France, Belgium, Russian Federation): In cooperation with local management, re-design, optimisation and establishment of enhanced structures in several countries.
- Global competency model (US & Global): Designed, developed and rolled-out a comprehensive competency model for an entire organisation, worldwide
- Local operations audit (Russian Federation): lead an exhaustive audit and related in-depth remediation project to bring the Russian representative office in compliance with Russian labour legislation
- Organisational effectiveness improvement (US): Reviewed, upgraded and implemented programs to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the organisations, structures, processes and programs.
- Talent selection and development (US & Global) rolled out a global competency-based framework and supporting tools for use in recruitment and employee development, as well as performance management.
As a consultant, prior and after his tenure at Mastercard, Mr Hellinckx’s successes proves him to be an effective, enthusiastic people-centric and business-focused HR expert, supporting organisations to enhance their performance, through excellence in the management of their human capital, processes, technology and structures. He speaks French, English, Dutch and Spanish fluently.
- Knowledge Management
- Lean Management
- Corporate learning & development
- Organisational effectiveness