As a specialist of connected mobility and automation markets, PTOLEMUS has provided investment assistance to many investors, helping them to identify and assess potential investments:
- Venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) firms as well as hedge funds: Amadeus Capital Partners, Amundi, Apax Partners, Atlantis Vest, Bain Capital, Baupost Group, Cinven, Crédit Agricole, CVC Capital Partners, Disruptive Capital Partners, Hellman & Friedman, Hutton Collins, Investcorp, KKR, Leonardo & Co, Montezemolo & Partners, New Amsterdam Growth Capital, Pamplona, Renova Group, Rothschild Capital Partners, Silver Lake Partners, Tantalum and Time for Growth.
- Industry players such as Cihon, Egis Projects, Intek Group, TDF, WEX, etc.
PTOLEMUS investment assistance to its clients along the M&A process:
- Pre-deal: Based on our in-depth market knowledge, we support private equity houses with market research to identify the most attractive market segments in the connected mobility space – including urban mobility, pay-as-you-drive services, connected vehicle services and usage-based insurance. We understand the key market trends and future drivers and can prepare long-lists and short-lists of potential target companies
- During the deal: We support private equity houses with their commercial and technical due diligence and provide an independent view on the attractiveness of the investment including the preparation of a bankable Due Diligence Report.
- Post-deal: We can help the private equity houses and their companies portfolio develop a value creation strategy that helps steer them towards a successful exit. Our support can range from developing a growth strategy and business plan to finding, contacting and assessing potential (add-on) M&A targets.
- At exit: We are best placed to support each stakeholder with the preparation of the documentation required for a smooth and successful exit, which could be a Commercial Fact Book or a full Commercial Vendor Due Diligence report including a business plan review.