Asia Pacific Electronic Tolling Study 2021
The Asia Pacific Electronic Tolling market will grow to over €390 billion by 2030
Since the publication of the 2nd edition of our Electronic Tolling Global Study in 2018, the electronic tolling landscape has evolved significantly in every region of the world.
We see significant growth in new, tolled highways across Asia Pacific, with Increased vehicle ownership and ambitious road building projects make Asia Pacific a significant force for growth in tolling. Furthermore, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, mature markets such as India have mandated 100% ETC to decrease transmission at toll booth
All the while, advances in electronic tolling technology and lower prices – especially in RFID – are enabling the growth of ETC to more and more markets at more ambitious scales.
There is now a wide choice of technology and models for governments to choose from. Electronic Tolling and Road Usage Charging – worldwide – is entering a golden era as governments search for funding alternatives in the wake of rapidly declining fuel tax revenues, combined with a growing need to manage urban congestion and improve air quality.
The study is based on:
- Over 10 years of constant ETC market surveillance;
- In excess of 60 interviews with industry executives, organisations and stakeholders across five continents;
- Over 950 pages of analysis in the full Electronic Toll Collection Global Study
- 9,000 hours of research and analysis of the latest events and trends in the global ETC and RUC industry.
This is the most assertive and well-researched global study on the Asia Pacific Electronic Tolling market in the world and includes details such as:
- Geographic analysis of the top national-level electronic tolling domains around the Asia Pacific, and specifically includes:
- An in-depth review of the 12 largest countries that operate tolling in Asia Pacific with traffic volumes, technology, model, size and revenues projections
- A comparative assessment of all tolling technologies:
- Deployment models and impacting trends for ANPR, DSRC, Infrared, GNSS and RFID
- Assessment of emerging technologies including fleet telematics devices, smartphones, and connected car payments
- Forecast of the technology mix
- An in-depth assessment of Asia Pacific including:
- Introduction to the market including legislation and major infrastructure campaigns
- Forces and models shaping interoperability
- Review of current and future projects
- Value chain and presentation of major local players
- Technology roadmap
- Country profiles for the major tolling domains
- 2020-2030 bottom-up market forecast
- Asian Pacific scope: 12 countries investigated in detail
- Projections of the toll and electronic toll market in Asia Pacific: toll revenues, subscription volumes, share of ETC, key influencing factors
- An Excel file with subscription volumes by technology and vehicle type, devices sold, total revenues collected and ETC-only revenues collected
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the Asia Pacific Electronic Tolling Study and its accompanying forecasts, please register your interest by filling in your details in the form below to receive your complimentary copy of the associated report abstract.