Latin American Electronic Tolling Study 2021
The Latin American Electronic Tolling market will grow to over €31 billion by 2030
Since the publication of the 2nd edition of our Electronic Tolling Global Study in 2018, the electronic tolling landscape has evolved significantly in every region of the world.
In Latin America, we see significant growth in new, tolled highways, facilitated, for example by the COVID-19 pandemic, mature markets such as Argentina have mandated 100% ETC to decrease transmission at toll booth
All the while, advances in electronic tolling technology and lower prices – especially in RFID – are enabling the growth of ETC to more and more markets at more ambitious scales.
There is now a wide choice of technology and models for governments to choose from. Electronic Tolling and Road Usage Charging – worldwide – is entering a golden era as governments search for funding alternatives in the wake of rapidly declining fuel tax revenues, combined with a growing need to manage urban congestion and improve air quality.
The report is a 265-page analysis of the Latin American electronic tolling landscape based on:
- 9 years of constant market surveillance
- 32 interviews with key global stakeholders
- 6 months of desk research by a team of 7 consultants
- 35 strategy consulting assignments in the ETC domain
This is the most assertive and well-researched Latin American electronic tolling market study in the world and includes the following:
- Geographic analysis of the top regional and national electronic tolling domains in Latin America, and specifically includes:
- Electronic tolling technology roadmaps, through to 2030, by country, including:
- An in-depth review of 5 countries that operate tolling in Latin America with traffic volumes, technology, model, size and revenues projections
- A comparative assessment of all tolling technologies:
- Deployment models and impacting trends for ANPR, DSRC, Infrared, GNSS and RFID
- Assessment of emerging technologies including fleet telematics devices, smartphones, and connected car payments
- Forecast of the technology mix
- An in-depth assessment of Latin America:
- Introduction to the market including legislation and major infrastructure campaigns
- Forces and models shaping interoperability
- Review of current and future projects
- Value chain and presentation of major local players
- Technology roadmap
- Country profiles for the major tolling domains
- 2020-2030 bottom-up market forecast
- Scope: 5 countries investigated in detail
- Projections of the toll and electronic toll market: toll revenues, subscription volumes, share of ETC, key influencing factors
- An Excel file with subscription volumes by technology and vehicle type, devices sold, total revenues collected and ETC-only revenues collected
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the Latin American electronic tolling study and its accompanying forecasts, please register your interest by filling in your details in the form below to receive your complimentary copy of the associated report abstract.
Fill in the form below to register you interest and download the free electronic tolling abstract