Fatima-Zahra Essakhi is a Business Analyst with over 6 years experience in the Automotive Industry, Robotics, Road User Charging and Intelligent Transportation Systems.
An electrical engineer, Fatima-Zahra has an executive master’s degree in Smart Mobility and the digital transformation of mobility systems from Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech and Telecom Paris.
She has gained 4 years of experience in the automotive industry with the French car makers PSA and Renault.
She started her career in the Moroccan Technical Center of PSA, the first automotive R&D center in the MENA region dedicated to cover R&D, production, supply-chain and purchasing products for this region. As an ADAS engineer, she was supervising the decision module in the Model-Based Design of the Autonomous Vehicles (AVs) primary functions such as Lane Positioning Assistance and the Adaptative Cruise Control.
After that, she joined Renault in France as a Software and Electronic Project Leader. She was the main coordinator between Renault core-business teams and tier 1 suppliers of the new electronic devices for hardware and software related developments, Fatima-Zahra was the kick-off meetings leader for major vehicle milestones with the suppliers to ensure the quality as well as in-time deliveries.
Among the suppliers, she worked with:
- Magna, for the electronic internal view mirrors equipped with ETC module dedicated for the Coreen market
- Ficosa, for the development of electronic outside view mirrors equipped with blind spot alert, defroster, and turn signal lights for Dacia brand
- Akwel, for the innovative flush handles implemented in the new Megane E-Tech
- Valeo, for the development of the door panel control to be introduced in both Nissan and Renault brands
- Inteva, for the delivery of new windows lift actuators for the Megane E-Tech
With PTOLEMUS, Fatima-Zahra’ assignments include:
- Updating the Vehicle Data Market Global Study
- For an engineering group, she conducted an analysis of the ITS market in North America, and also evaluated the impact of COVID-19 on the road traffic in the US
- For a private equity, she conducted a market analysis in the European and North American regions of UBI for TSPs based on technologies used
- For one of the world leaders in the management of toll roads and infrastructure, Fatima-Zahra analysed the Road User Charging market in the US and proposed market opportunities for them
Thanks to her experience in automotive industry and ADAS, Fatima-Zahra is PTOLEMUS’ Autonomous Vehicles vertical lead
Fatima-Zahra is a Moroccan citizen, she is fluent in Arabic, French and English.
- Market research and forecasting
- Smart mobility
- Road user charging