Have you noticed that everybody now expects to have location information for free?
Users expect it free from the service providers,
Developers expect it free from the device API set;
Governments expect it free to help save lives; … but where does it all come from?
GPS chipsets are not free, Wi-Fi location is not free and Cell-ID location is not free.
So who pays for positioning?
How are the partnerships and business models evolving to fill in the gap between the price expectation and the cost?
And are the revenues from positioning growing as fast as the LBS hype?
It’s time to take a long hard look at the business of providing location.
To do so, we have pulled together over 100 interviews and 6 months of research to build the European Location Study 2010
- Plain English explanation of how positioning technologies work
- Straightforward analysis of how they compare: cost, speed, accuracy, etc.
- Detailed overview of the main location-based services and their location requirements
- Graphic representation of the positioning ecosystems and market infrastructures
- Examination of the business models for each technology
- Evaluation of the major trends, opportunities and risks
- Success stories and cases studies
If you think your company can benefit from knowing exactly the shape, size and direction of the location market in Europe, then you must act now!
Simply fill in the form here and we will send you the free study
If you want to know more, please look at the slides below,
(you can select menu/ full screen on the corner left)
Get the study in PDF in your inbox today!
You have the big picture, now assess your addressable market
The full study gives you:
1) The most detailed analysis of the location market in Europe
Overall quantitative analysis of the positioning market size and health by vertical markets and by technology:
2006 – 2014 quantified analysis of:
- The in-vehicle positioning market
- The mobile positioning market
- The consumer electronics positioning market
Expected growth calculations of the following markets
- GPS, GNSS
- Wi-Fi positioning
- Positioning sensors (MEMS)
- Network based solutions
2) Extensive overview of the positioning and location application landscape
In-Depth analysis of the main player’s strategies in the positioning market, conclusions on trends and recommendations including key take-aways like:
- 5 ways to prove the business case for operators to invest in location
- Evaluation of the network based positioning technologies, business models and service opportunities
- Exactly who will own and control Cell-ID, SUPL or WPS in five years?
- 7 key transforming factors that will redefine positioning and LBS
3) Unequaled breath, depth and size
The European Location Study is unparalleled in its staggering coverage, research quality and indeph scrutiny of the market opportunities, the new technical solutions and ecosystem of partners bringing them
- 220+ pages breaking down the location market in every details
- 135 graphs, tables and illustrations to give you the complete picture
- more than 300-line spreadsheet accounting for every aspects of the positioning and location market and giving you a unique insight into how your market will evolve
- Taylored strategic recommendation for the 4 key groups: technology providers, vehicle manufacturers, PND vendors and mobile operators
The study has been refreshed countless time while it was written to include updates on the recent developments. This market is evolving at breakneck speed; only the fast moving decision makers will take full advantage of the European Location Study
Don’t wait, simply fill in the form here then select the Full Study you want.
(you will receive the free study automaticaly)
If you have any question, simply contact Jenny@ptolemus.com
The location Study is supported by: